If you think about getting a second citizenship, a small state like St. Kitts and Nevis, located in the Caribbean islands, can be the best option for you. A special immigration program was launched in 1984 in the country in order to attract investors, businessmen and foreign entrepreneurs.
If you invest a certain amount to the Sustainable Growth Fund or become a property owner in its territory, you get an opportunity to obtain a St. Kitts and Nevis passport.
What are the benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship?
Foreign investors who allocate personal funds to the economy of another state in order to obtain a second citizenship get a number of benefits:
St. Kitts and Nevis has visa-free travel to more than 150 jurisdictions, including the United Kingdom, Singapore, and the Schengen countries. In addition, you can apply for a long-term visa to Canada or the USA.
Full confidentiality and security
This island state, located in the Caribbean Sea, does not reveal the data of its citizens. It also guarantees equality, freedom, political and social security.
An accelerated application process
If you apply through an accelerated application process, you can get your second citizenship in 1-1,5 months, and a new passport will be delivered in 90-120 days.
No residency requirement
You do not have to live in the country of second nationality in order to become a St. Kitts and Nevis citizen. However, you can always fly there and lie on the golden sand, have a rest on the coast of the ocean and enjoy the beautiful tropical climate.
Citizenship for the whole family
This includes brothers, sisters, parents aged over 55, and other relatives financially dependent on the main applicant.
Transportation and international travel
Despite the fact that no more than 50,000 people live in St Kitts and Nevis and it consists of only two islands (the total area is 260 square kilometers), Saint Kitts and Nevis has two international airports. The main international airport is Robert L. Bradshaw on the island of Saint Kitts. The second one is Vance W. Amory on the island of Nevis. In addition, you can get to the islands by ship, yacht or boat. The public transport system is also well developed.
There is no income tax, inheritance tax, gift tax, capital gains tax or wealth tax in St Kitts and Nevis. Moreover, the property tax is quite low.
Opportunities for business
There are all conditions for running your own business in tourism and other sectors. Paradise Islands, located in the Caribbean Sea, each year becomes more and more popular among tourists from all over the world. In addition, the local authorities distribute proper foreign investments; therefore, the state can develop the entire infrastructure, which makes this place even more modern and attractive to both entrepreneurs and tourists.
Who can be a St. Kitts & Nevis citizen?
In order to benefit from an investment program and obtain a St. Kitts and Nevis passport, an applicant must not only have the necessary amount of money, but also meet the following criteria:
- Main applicant should be at least 18 years of age;
- Foreign nationals over 16 must pass Due Diligence checks;
- All applicants must have a clean criminal and immigration record;
- Applicants must have a good health and no serious chronic deceases.
Foreign investors applying for Caribbean citizenship by investment can include in their applications their members of a family, who are financially dependent on them.
- Children under 18 years old and a spouse;
- Financially dependent children under 30 years old;
- Close relatives over 55 years old, who are financially dependent on the main applicant and they live with him.
- Siblings not older than 30, who aren’t married and have no children.
How to obtain St. Kitts &Nevis citizenship?
The procedure for obtaining St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment consists of five steps.
- Arrange a consultation with immigration advisors. They will analyse your case, inform you about investment options and details, provide a breakdown of the citizenship program costs for you and your family, and explain what documents are required in your case.
- An immigration advisor will help you to submit an application form, collect and prepare the required documents. Moreover, your advisor will help you prepare, draft, translate, certify and legalise all the required documents in order to obtain citizenship for St Kitts and Nevis.
- St Kitts authorities conduct their due diligence checks. It takes between 45 to 90 days. If your application is approved, you will get an official confirmation.
- When your application is approved, you must make a non-refundable donation within one month or purchase property in the country.
- Once you make a fund donation or purchase a property, you will get a naturalisation certificate. It allows you to obtain St Kitts and Nevis passport within 2 weeks.
You don’t have to travel to the other side of the world to get your passports – St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program allows you to do this remotely. You can collect your documents from our office, or we will arrange for them to be couriered to your home address.
Investment options for obtaining a St Kitts and Nevis passport
Foreign investors can make a non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Development Fund or purchase a real estate, which can be sold after 5-7 years, and the money will be returned.
Non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund
One of the easiest ways to obtain St Kitts and Nevis citizenship is a non-refundable donation to the Sustainable Development Fund. The contribution amount is:
- $150,000 for the main applicant;
- $195,000 for a family of up to four people including the main applicant;
- $10,000 for additional family dependents.
However, now St Kitts and Nevis authorities prepare a special offer according to which a family of four can obtain citizenship for $150,000 if they make a non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Development Fund.
The fund will benefit St Kitts and Nevis economy in sustainable areas such as development of agriculture, construction of healthcare and educational institutions, tourism and transport infrastructure, protection and restoration of natural and cultural monuments, emergency and disaster preparedness and response.
Purchase a real estate
Another option to become a St. Kitts and Nevis citizen is to purchase real estate located in the country. However, this option has two specific features:
- You can invest in real estate and projects, which are approved by the government. In this regard, you can be sure that these developers are reliable, because they have undergone a detailed check. However, you can also purchase another real estate for example houses. It distinguishes this program from other Caribbean programs, where the government tightly regulates the list of objects.
- The minimum amount does not depend on the number of family members. The invest amount will only determine how quickly you can get your money back. Therefore, if you buy a real estate, which costs between $200,000 and $400,000, you will be able to sell it in at least seven years. If your property is worth more than $400,000, you will be able to get your money back in five years.
This option is much better, because first of all, you can return the main part of your investment. Secondly, St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship is getting more and more popular because infrastructure is being developed. Therefore, it is possible not only to get your money back in 5-7 years but also to increase the invested amount of money.
It is also the best option for people who want to get St. Kitts and Nevis for themselves and their family members if they are more than three. You can apply for citizenship for any number of your family members buying a house, an apartment or a share in a hotel for $200,000.
In addition, you do not have to sell your St. Kitts and Nevis property. You can always fly here on vacation, rent out your apartment or villa, and get an income from your share in a hotel.
No matter what option you choose, and no matter how much you contribute, an investor will have additional fees. You need to pay for a due diligence check, which costs $7,500 for adult applicants and $4,000 for dependents who are over the age of 16. If you want to accelerate the process, you will have to pay $25,000 for the main applicant and $20,000 for his or her spouse.
The purchase of the property also requires the payment of taxes and government processing fees, which are $35,000 for the main applicant, $20,000 for a spouse, $40,000 for the eligible sibling, and $10,000 for any additional dependents.
It is not the entire list of taxes and fees. If you want to find out exactly how much St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship costs in your specific case, please, consult with an immigration advisor. Our immigration high-level professionals can help you minimize additional costs because the amount is based on your own specific case and your particular family.