Moving out is a lot of work, but if you know what move-out cleaning services are available, it can make the process a whole lot easier. In this blog post, we’ll explore the ins and outs of move-out cleaning services so that you can make sure you get your deposit back with no fuss. Let’s get started!
1. What is Move-Out Cleaning?
Moving out of a rental home can be a stressful and challenging proposition, especially when it comes to cleaning. The extent of the cleanliness expected is often outlined in the lease agreement or contract you signed with your landlord. To ensure that you are meeting these expectations, it’s important to understand what move-out cleaning services involve.
Move-out cleaning services encompass a variety of tasks that involve deep cleaning your rental property before you’ve moved out. This type of service is most often provided by professional cleaners who have the specialized skills and knowledge necessary to carry out the detailed work needed for this specific type of clean-up.
2. What Services are Typically Included?
Move-out cleanings are typically comprehensive and thorough. They won’t just be a basic tidying up; they will cover everything from the floors to the baseboards and every detail in between.
An experienced professional cleaner will use products that are safe for all surfaces, including carpets, walls, cabinet interiors, counters, and appliances. Most move-out cleaning services will include:
- Cleaning bathrooms: This includes sinks and showers/tubs, toilets, mirrors, floors, and walls. All fixtures will be cleaned and polished so they shine.
- Kitchens: This can include a thorough appliance cleanup of microwave ovens, dishwashers, and fridges (inside included!), countertops wiped free of crumbs or grease stains, cabinet exteriors dusted off, and top-to-bottom cleaning of all floors (including hardwoods). Windows will be washed inside as well as outside where accessible.
- Floors: Carpets should be professionally steam cleaned with no trace of pet hair or dust left behind; hardwood floors should be swept with a dust mop or vacuumed if installed over carpeting or vinyl squares; linoleum may need extra effort to get grime buildup off the edges if due to heavy traffic buildup in high contact areas (i.e., doorway thresholds). If carpets have odors remaining after vacuuming/steam cleaning then you might want to consider asking your moving crew about added services such as deodorizing before leaving your rental property. Rugs should also be rolled up prior to move-out cleaning so that dirt does not get tracked throughout the home when loading trucks/moving items out!
Some additional options are:
- Wiping down all windowsills and doorframes;
- Window frames and skirting boards;
- Light fittings;
- Walls and ceiling surfaces;
- Exposing central heating pipes beds (dusting and/or polishing);
- Removal of cobwebs;
- Blinds or shutters (cleaning/polishing);
- Curtains (vacuuming or dry cleaning);
- Exterior porch/balcony (sweeping);
3. What will it cost?
The cost of these services can vary significantly depending on the size of the home, the condition of the property, and what the customer is asking to be cleaned. Smaller apartments may have an hourly rate for a one-time cleaning, generally ranging from $50 to $150. Larger homes may charge a flat fee in the range of $200 to $400 or more for a comprehensive cleaning including areas such as appliances, carpets, and windows.
Specialized services such as deep-cleaning carpets or deodorizing rooms will add to the cost of move-out cleaning services. If a customer wants any additional work done after they’ve moved out, they will likely pay extra for those services too. Professional move-out cleaners may provide discounts if multiple tasks or units are being done at once.
4. Why hire professionals?
By taking the time to have a professional cleaner handle the task, you can cut down on stress and save yourself time. There are numerous benefits that come with move-out cleaning services.
One of the most valuable benefits of move-out cleaning is avoiding deductions from your security deposit due to uncleanliness in the home. Most renters know that their security deposit can be used for any necessary repairs or damages, but an unclean dwelling will often also cause deductions. A thorough move-out cleaning will help ensure that none of these costs you money by meeting the rental company’s criteria for cleanliness.
Additionally, taking advantage of a professional upholstery cleaning service for carpets and furniture can help maintain hygiene levels and reduce the accumulation of dust mites and other allergens, reducing health risks associated with them. If you have rented out a flat or house prior, moving out without completing proper cleaning tasks would lead to finding it in worse condition later on or inviting unwanted pests into the property. Investing in reliable services ensures that your end-of-tenancy residence is clean enough for incoming tenants as well as arriving back into it in excellent condition, should it ever happen so.
Finally, hiring professional cleaners can help make sure that everything is spic and span before you turn over occupancy, so you won’t have any issues come inspection day. They will deep-clean carpets, wash windows and appliances thoroughly even get into those hard-to-reach places and keep everything sparkling – inside and out! High-quality cleansers remove dirt from floor surfaces, lift off stubborn stains from countertops, and get rid of dust from air vents – all resulting in a truly fresh feel throughout the entire space! The difference between hiring expert cleaners compared to doing it yourself could mean avoiding feeling overwhelmed by having too much responsibility taken off your plate during this already stressful period!
Move-out cleaning services can be a great asset for anyone looking to make sure their home is clean and ready for the next tenant. With so many different elements included in move-out cleaning services, you’ll have no trouble ensuring that your home looks perfect when it comes time to hand over the keys. From vacuuming carpets to washing windows, these professional cleaners will help make your move as smooth as possible. Take some of the stress out of moving day by investing in a quality move-out cleaning service today!