If you are into DIY crafting, or you want custom furniture, you are probably trying to find the best possible balance between the price and quality. The wooden furniture is a classic, always a good choice, but some people find it outdated. They are more into modern designs that include plastic and metal constructions. Others can also make the right combination of both the materials, together with the textile and frames.
Of course, when choosing furniture, it is much more important to pay attention to the quality of the material because there are wood and plastic that are low grade, which means more frequent repairs and even less durability and the need to replace much more often than you plan. Practically, you will constantly have additional costs. Therefore, quality should be an advantage in the selection, even before the materials.
If your choice is wooden furniture, then we recommend you to visit kalustofurniture.co.uk and get better information about the different designs and designs. You can choose from retro and vintage crafts to modern interpretations with wooden materials.
Plastic, no matter how much you want to avoid it, is sometimes a better choice due to the convenience of cleaning and maintenance, but even those pieces of furniture are lighter and it will not be difficult to move them whenever you are in the mood for a change.
Why is wood a better choice than plastic?
Many people will claim that plastic is hazardous and dangerous, and they will avoid that type of furniture, always preferring wooden one. We can also say that it’s durable, always elegant, and pretty environmentally friendly.
Real wood craftsmen can make you unique pieces that only you can have. This is one of the ways to give your home a personal touch. Also, these are some of the advantages that wooden furniture has:
- Eco-friendly option, because wood is an organic material and certainly no residues after production to pollute.
- Elegant and modern look, because no matter how old it seems to us, in fact, the tree will always give elegance and warmth to the home.
- Durability is another quality that we must not forget, especially when the furniture is properly maintained and protected. If you remember yourself, you will see that there are pieces of wooden furniture in your home or in your family that has been there for decades and have not changed.
- Partially economical choice because some wood materials are much cheaper than plastic ones. Of course, there are exceptions, depending on the type of wood used.
- It is easy to set it up at home because the seller will bring it to you in parts and assemble it on the spot. Sometimes, plastic furniture is bulky and difficult to transport, so in this situation, we vote for the wooden one.
Why is plastic furniture better than wooden furniture?
Of course, we will look at all the possible options to see what are the advantages of plastic over wood.
- It is easier to clean. There is no need to use special furniture cosmetics, as only one microfiber cloth is enough to wipe the surface of the dirt.
- It is waterproof, which means that plastic furniture is an ideal choice for the yard or balcony, where it is exposed to various weather conditions.
- If you choose quality plastic, then you will make sure that you have a long-lasting piece of furniture in your home, which will not be destroyed by the sun’s rays or distorted due to use.
- Affordable, because high-quality plastic is certainly affordable, especially if you compare it to high-quality wood.
- They are easily transported around the house because regardless of the type of plastic, it does not weigh at all, so you do not need help to move the furniture yourself.
Negative sides for both the types
When we talk about the disadvantages of wooden furniture, we always will mention the maintenance, because it requires a lot of dedication and protection, so it can be more durable. Sometimes, the price can be too high, and not every new homeowner is ready to invest that amount of money at once.
On the other hand, plastic furniture has its downsides. For example, if you are looking for luxury, you will not get it, because it usually does not go in the same package with economy and practicality. Also, as already mentioned, many consider plastic to be harmful to the environment. Although you can experiment with different combinations, there are limitations due to the size and quality of the material.
What can we conclude at the very end?
The choice of the home decoration is an individual matter and of course, depends only on the taste and aesthetics of the one who lives there. There are so many successful examples of interior design combining so many different materials that you do not even have to think about one choice, but you can combine different pieces wisely and aesthetically to get a unique look that no one can copy.
As you can see for yourself, both types of furniture have advantages, but they also have disadvantages. But you can be smart and combine them so that you will have quality and practicality, but also elegance in your home, and at the same time, you will make sure that you are as little polluting as possible.
Therefore, we recommend that you do not make hasty decisions. Consider, and even consult an interior design expert if necessary. What you do not have to compromise on is the quality of both the materials and the workmanship. Only then will you ensure longevity and that even if something happens, the problem is easily solved.
There are many choices, but you are the ones who have to make it. We hope that our text will help you find the right balance between the pieces of furniture that you will put in your home. Think smart and invest, instead of buying in a hurry and trying to save money.