When it comes to choosing the best hair extensions for your needs, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Both Indian and European hair extensions offer distinct advantages and disadvantages that make them ideal for certain applications.
At first glance, both of these materials may seem very similar. However, in practice, top hair stylists prefer to work with European hair.
After reading our article, you will understand why you should choose this raw material and where it is best to buy.
Do you want to make hair extensions and are choosing between Indian and European hair extensions?
European Hair Extensions Characteristics
- Although this product is called European hair, it comes from Asian countries (China, Vietnam, etc.). The locks got their name thanks to European processing technology.
- This treatment involves careful disinfection that will make the strands meet all current standards, without damaging the natural cuticle of the hair. This way your hair extensions will not tangle and will last a long time.
- All the hairs in the bundle are carefully combed out and laid in the same direction. By the way, this raw material is double-drawn. This means that you get bundles with an even thick cut.
- Such locks are the ideal solution for clients with thick and dense strands. In this category you can find bundles up to 90 cm long!
- This material is used for any extension technique: k-tips, tape-ins, machine wefts and clip-ins.
Indian Hair Extensions Characteristics
- As you can guess by the name, the country of origin of such hair is India.
- These are thick and dense strands, which are suitable for clients with similar hair structures. For owners of thin curls it is better to choose bundles of soft and fine Slavic hair.
- Like the previous type of raw material, Indian hair is suitable for different extension techniques.
- This can be both Remy and non-Remy hair. The latter option is extremely undesirable, as the strands are bundled without regard to the direction of their growth. It leads to the locks being severely tangled after several washes.
- Perhaps the main disadvantage of such bundles is the technology of their processing. It uses aggressive reagents and dyes that almost completely destroy the hair cuticle. To hide the damage and give the locks an appealing look, they are covered with a thick silicone layer. Which is why such bundles look unnaturally shiny and smooth. But after several washes your hair will become very dry, brittle and tangled.
For sure you don’t want to face such difficulties. That is why we recommend European hair extensions for all clients with thick hair. You can find such products on the website of the Canadian brand I Love Slavic Hair.
Here you will be helped to choose the material with optimal structure, length and weight, so your hairstyle will look exactly the way you always wanted!
In conclusion, both Indian and European hair extensions have their own unique attributes which make them suitable for different consumers depending on their individual needs and budget. Ultimately the decision comes down to personal preference as both products provide excellent quality when cared for properly.