Every reputable online casino operator knows that protecting their players means protecting their business.
Since online casinos gather and store sensitive information about their players, they typically implement various systems and strategies to keep their customers safe from hackers and other cyber criminals.
Below, we explore just some of the remedies and ways used by online casinos to keep their customers safe.
Encryption is undoubtedly one of the most important security measures implemented by reputable online casinos. This is important because of their handling of sensitive information – including financial info, names, and physical addresses.
Encryption refers to the process of encoding information (data) so that it can only be read and understood by authorised software. This helps to keep sensitive information out of the hands of malicious parties.
Secure Payment Methods
Another safeguard typically implemented by online casinos is secure payment methods. This ensures that the financial and identification information of the customer remains protected.
This method of securitisation includes the use of encrypted financial data, as well as payment processors with solid security measures built into place.
By offering a range of payment methods to their customers, casinos are effectively able to reduce the risk of financial fraud and thereby protect the information of their players.
A firewall is a specialised network security device that keeps track of and controls incoming and outgoing traffic over a network.
Firewalls can be hardware or software-based, and typically operate by first inspecting network traffic before allowing any data to pass in or out. Data deemed to be from an untrustworthy source is automatically blocked.
By building firewalls into their systems, online casinos can keep hackers from accessing the data of their customers.
In addition to firewalls, many online casinos also make use of so-called intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS). These systems continuously monitor networks for any unusual activity and passage of data.
Regulatory compliance is designed specifically to ensure the protection of players in terms of the fairness of games offered by online casinos.
In terms of how this fits in with safety and security, regulatory bodies make it mandatory for online casinos to comply with specific security measures and safeguards.
The type and extent of regulatory compliance that an online casino brand is required to follow will depend on its licensing jurisdiction. The most common of these typically stretching across the board include the following:
- Emphasis must always be on the protection of players. Online casinos are typically placed under a strict mandate to ensure the protection of their customers. This includes protection from identity theft, fraud, and general exploitation.
- Licensing. A license is usually required to operate in a specific region.
- Responsible gambling practices must be in place. All legal and reputable online casinos are required to promote responsible gambling practices. What’s more, they are furthermore obligated to provide support to those players experiencing problem gaming.
- Data must be kept private. Online casino brands are required to keep the data of their players private at all times.
- Compliance with advertising standards. Online casinos must comply with advertising regulations and standards in order to remain licensed. These regulations typically include heavy restrictions on advertising to minors.
- Anti-Money Laundering regulations. All online casinos are required to comply with anti-money laundering laws and regulations. This sort of compliance usually includes systems able to detect possible money laundering activities.
Fair gaming measures include Random Number Generators (RNGs). These ensure the random outcome of games.
What’s more, reputable online casinos also submit themselves to regular oversight and independent audits. These audits are designed in such a way that they are capable of spotting any irregularities within the code of gaming software.
Audits focus on the following:
- Random Number Generators (RNGs). In practice, these are computer algorithms capable of producing (generating) random numbers for determining the outcomes of gaming sessions. Algorithms are tested on a regular basis and are in most cases audited regularly by third-party service providers.
- Deep encryption and security. Deep encryption and security measures help online casinos to protect their games from being tampered with externally.
- Full transparency. Transparency means providing players and auditors with detailed information regarding things like the odds of winning, expected size of payouts, the rules of the games, etc.
- Responsible gambling. A successful audit will require an online casino brand to have player specific tools and other resources for the management of gaming habits in place. Examples include the ability for a player to self-exclude, setting limits on deposits, setting time limits on playtime, etc.
Proper Training For Employees
Reputable online brands like Grand Rush Casino know the value of investing in proper training for their employees.
This training specifically includes learning how to identify breaches in security. Employees are also trained on the issue of password policies and access control.
Other topics include:
- In-depth industry knowledge. Training is provided in order to ensure employees are fully knowledgeable about games, rules, how the industry works, and which regulations must be complied with according to region and regulators.
- Prevention of fraud. Every online business is vulnerable to security breaches and fraud, and online casinos are no exception. For this reason, employees are trained on fraud prevention measures specific to the online gaming industry. Training typically includes how to properly handle sensitive data, how to identify fraudulent activity, and how to respond to a security breach once it has been detected.
- Customer service. Within the online gaming industry, there is a heavy reliance on customer service because of the sheer size of the industry and its levels of competition. Customer service and the level of quality applied can make or break any brand.
- Technical training. Employees are trained on how to use the software used by the online casino.
By implementing strong and proven security measures, online casinos can ensure the safety of their players’ information – and thereby the protection of their own business interests.
Security breaches are preventable, and reputable online casinos are doing exactly that.